Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is the governing body for all academic activities in India.
CBSE is a board of education for school students in India. It was founded by the British Raj in 1918 and has been the only board to conduct examinations for secondary education since then. The “cbse twitter” is a social media account that shares news from CBSE.
Hello there, kids! We’ll be learning English Grammar Conjunction for Class 8 today. Definition, Example, and Exercise of Conjunctions, as well as Types of Conjunctions: We’ll practice conjunctions with the Conjunctions Exercise/Worksheet for Class 8? For class 8, we have provided CBSE English Grammar conjunction.
What is the definition of a Conjunction?
A conjunction is a word that joins together groupings of words, phrases, clauses, or sentences. A conjunction is also known as a joiner, connector, or sentence linker. The conjunction is a term that connects clauses to form a sentence and demonstrates how the meanings of the clauses are connected to one another.
These are the conjunctions: as well as, and, not only, but also, otherwise, both, yet, either, nevertheless, furthermore, although/though, while, or, neither, nor, so, because, when, if, so that, whether, alternately, as if, yet.
Conjunction Types for Class 8
Conjunctions are divided into three categories:
- Conjunction Coordination
- Subordinating Conjunction is a term that refers to the relationship between two things.
- Correlative Conjunction is a term that refers to the relationship between two things.
Conjunctions link diverse grammatical forms in a variety of ways. Depending on the application.
1. Conjunction Coordination
Conjunctions combining the identical kind of grammatical systems are called Conjunction Coordination. Conjunction Coordinations join two terms, phrases, or main clauses of equal significance. They have never used it at the beginning and the end.
The most usually applied Conjunction Coordinations are: but, and, for, or, nor, so, yet. The word ‘for‘ is most frequently utilized as a preposition, but it also works as a Conjunction Coordination. An important and exciting approach to identify these conjunctions is to recognize the acronym FANBOYS.
Each of the alphabets of this word is the initial letter of one of the Conjunction Coordinations.
- F- FOR
- A- AND
- N- NOR
- B- BUT
- O- OR
- Y- YET
- S- SO
Two assertions of equal rank or value must be included in the sentence.
- Phrase in conjunction with Phrase
- Noun paired with Noun
- Adjective, Adjective, Adjective, Adjective, Adjective, Ad
- Subject-verb agreement
Examples of Conjunction Coordination For Class 8
- Roy is a moron, but Jack is a genius.
- Jony is an excellent cricket player, but his favorite sport is badminton.
- Aman is wealthy, but he is also astute.
- My birthday is today, and I’d want to get a new outfit.
- Do you want to go to Delhi to study or do you want to go to Mumbai to study?
2. Conjunction of Subordination is a term that refers to the relationship between two things.
In a complicated sentence, a subordination conjunction adds a subordinate clause. Subordination conjunctions link the subordinate clause to the main clause and are the most common kind of conjunction. It comes at the start of a subordinate clause and establishes a link between the dependent clause and the remainder of the sentence. The sentence must have a pair of claims, one of which is completely reliant on the other to make sense. Since, when, until, if, because, that, units, unless, and so on are some more generic subordination conjunctions.
Subordination conjunctions may be structured in the following ways:
Time:- before, after, since, till, as soon as, until Purpose:- in case, so that Reason or Cause:- as, because, since, so, for Result:- so fatigued that, and Condition:- if, unless, provided
Class 8 Subordination Conjunction Example
- If you accompany me, she will be delighted.
- I came before to the start of the lesson.
- Varsha is shorter than Vishal.
- If it rains, bring an umbrella.
- In terms of academics, she is on par with your nephew.
3. Conjunction of Correlatives is a term that refers to the relationship between two things.
Correlative Conjunction is a term that refers to the relationship between two things. and Conjunction Coordinations are always applied in pairs. Correlative Conjunction is a term that refers to the relationship between two things.s are combining sentence parts of the same kind that must be grammatically parallel. They show the relationship between the opinion expressed in different parts of a sentence. Common Correlative Conjunction is a term that refers to the relationship between two things.s are neither—nor, either—or, through—yet, not only—but also, and both—and, hardly—when, if—then, rather—than, no sooner—than.
Examples of Correlative Conjunction is a term that refers to the relationship between two things. For Class 8
- She not only sings well, but she also dances flawlessly.
- Whether it’s coffee or tea, I like both.
- Either present something or quit the meeting.
- Rather than going to the park, I prefer to go to the gym.
- Who is a hero if he is the villain?
Conjunction Worksheet for Class 8
Complete the sentence with the correct Subordinating Conjunction is a term that refers to the relationship between two things. and Conjunction Coordination.
- He wants sweets or cake ___(because/of).
- Shaireen gave it her all (however/if) she didn’t succeed.
- She is more imaginative (than/than) her classmates.
- I was late (as a result of/due to) traffic.
- Please contact me ____(in case/that) you have any questions.
- Jenny has changed a lot since I last saw her (when/since).
- When she was eight years old, her parents were relocated to Jaipur.
- Despite the fact that he lost the match, he did not lose my heart.
- We need to go right now (as long as/since) it’s starting to become misty.
- I can meet her now, but not tomorrow, ___(but/so).
- in case
Complete the Sentence by using the correct Correlative Conjunction is a term that refers to the relationship between two things..
- Sunny Sam Sam Sam Sam Sam Sam
- It’s possible that your white shirt is in the cupboard and in my backpack.
- She is a ___state champion and a ___school coach.
- He has a lot of money. He is reliable.
- He was wearing a slipper.
- Mohan traveled from Jammu to Jaipur.
- I’ve been to Venice America.
- A laptop and a phone are also available for purchase.
- She sends me an offer letter, and I accept it.
- It started to rain after she had left the tuition.
- Sunny and Sam are both elected officials.
- Your white shirt might be in the closet or in your suitcase.
- She is a state champion as well as a high school coach.
- He is trustworthy despite his wealth.
- He lacked both a shoe and a slipper.
- Mohan did not go to Jammu or Jaipur.
- I’ve been to both Venice and the United States.
- You have the option of purchasing a laptop or a phone.
- She sends me an offer letter so that I may start working for that firm.
- It had only been a few minutes after she had left the tuition when it started to rain.
Conjunction Quiz for Class 8
Conjunction For Class 8 (PDF)
Conjunction For Class 8 Download Conjunction For Class 8 (PDF) (80 downloads)
CBSE is the Central Board of Secondary Education. It is an autonomous body that conducts examinations in India. The “cbse admit card” is a document issued by CBSE to students after they pass their examination.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is meaning of CBSE?
A: CBSE stands for Central Board of Secondary Education which is a board in India conducting examinations at the secondary education level.
What is CBSE 10th class called?
A: CBSE 10th class is known as the Higher Secondary Certificate examination of India.
What is the name of the website of CBSE?
A: The official website of Central Board of Secondary Education is CBE.
- digilocker cbse
- cbse online
- cbse syllabus
- cbse result 2021
- cbse portal