Medical students are a part of an elite group who dedicate their lives to the health and well-being of others while also providing them with dignity, respect, and care. Doctors have made tremendous advancements in understanding disease over the past century; however, we must continue our march towards patient safety by improving medical education globally.
The “essay on doctor” is a short essay that discusses the importance of doctors in society. It also talks about how they are important to our health and well-being.
In this post, you will find a 1000-word essay about India’s National Doctor’s Day for kids and children. Also included are the date, significance, history, and celebration.
So, let’s get started on a National Doctor’s Day article…
In 1000 words, write an essay on National Doctor’s Day in India for students and children.
Doctors are revered over the globe, and in India, they are idolized. Man, by the way, is incapable of comparing him to God, but the doctor has attained this position as a result of his labor.
By the way, life is not human, but death is in God’s hands; nonetheless, God has given a person the ability to gain experience by creating him a doctor.
This life donor is referred to be a doctor since he or she delivers birth to us and occasionally rescues us from death. Doctors have evolved day by day in the realm of medicine. The most serious ailment may now be cured by a doctor. Doctors are able to reach here now because to the miracles of science.
To honor and congratulate the doctor’s devotion, effort, loyalty, honesty, and dedication, celebrations are held. Look at this page to learn all there is to know about this day and its history.
When is National Doctors Day observed?
National Doctors Day is observed on July 1 in India, March 30 in the United States, and February 27 in Vietnam.
How do you go about becoming a doctor?
Many students aim to be physicians and work in the medical field. The first step in this path is to take the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET), which is held every year to select candidates for MBBS and BDS programs at public and private medical schools throughout the nation.
If you wish to take this admission test, you must take Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main topics in 11th and 12th grade. There is also a minimum percentage condition. Students who pass the entrance test must also pass counseling in order for their acceptance to be deemed solid.
National Doctor’s Day has a long and illustrious history.
Because it is observed on various days in different nations, we have our own tradition of commemorating this day. We will discuss the history of Doctor’s Day in India in this article.
In 1991, the then-Government of India established Doctor’s Day. Since then, every year on the first of July, National Doctor’s Day has been acknowledged and commemorated.
This day was set aside to honor and pay respect to Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy, the great doctor and former Chief Minister of West Bengal. He was born on July 1, 1882, in Patna, Bihar, and died 80 years later on the same day.
In 1911, he received his medical degree from Calcutta and earned his MRCP and FRCP degrees in London, before returning to India the following year to begin his medical profession.
He was a well-known physician and educationist in the nation, as well as a freedom fighter, since he took part in Mahatma Gandhi’s rallies and looked after him throughout his fast.
He became the head of the Indian National Congress Party after independence, and subsequently the Chief Minister of West Bengal. In February 1961, he received the Bharat Ratna Award. Aside from that, in 1976, the Dr. BC Roy National Award was established to honor him.
The prize was given to him as a mark of respect and adoration. As a result, National Doctor’s Day was established to honor and commemorate such a remarkable figure.
National Doctor’s Day has a number of goals.
Be a human; a doctor is essential to everyone’s well-being. Doctors serve a vital role in society on the one hand, and they also fulfill their obligations to their patients on the other.
His honor should be a source of pride for us in such a scenario. The Government of India has created an awareness campaign for this aim, which is a yearly event that enables common people become aware of the role, significance, and priceless treatment provided by physicians.
This annual doctor’s festival is a day of inspiration for all physicians and doctors-to-be. This day is a wake-up call for doctors who aren’t upfront about their job. He has awoken from his unsuccessful career owing to a lack of devotion to his profession by commemorating this day.
The 30th National Doctor’s Day will be observed on July 1st, 2020. On this day, all physicians and doctors’ assistants in the nation will be honored and recognized for their contributions.
How Is National Doctor’s Day Honored?
This day is observed in a variety of ways by different people. However, other organizations observe it in the following manner:
• On this day, health-care groups hold medical checkup camps for the general public at a variety of health-care facilities and public spaces.
In addition, general screening test camps for poor and older residents are held to examine health status, provide health counseling, and provide presentations on health nutrition and chronic illness awareness.
• Activities such as free blood tests, random sugar tests, ECG, EEG, blood pressure checks, and others are planned to raise awareness of the importance of doctors in everyone’s lives.
• To encourage more young students to choose a career in medicine, various events are arranged at the school and college level, such as discussions on medical themes, quiz competitions, sports activities, and other innovative initiatives to make the medical profession more dependable and responsible.
• On July 1, most patients express their gratitude to their doctors by sending them greeting cards, appreciation cards, flowers, and mail-in greetings, among other things. Physicians hold special meetings, parties, and dinners in health centers, hospitals, nursing homes, and residences to commemorate the days of doctors and their contributions to the medical profession.
National Doctor’s Day: 10 Lines
- Every year on this day, July 1, the birth and death anniversaries of the country’s most renowned doctor, Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy, are commemorated (Dr. B C Roy).
- In 1991 A.D., the Government of India officially designated the day as National Doctor’s Day as a token of appreciation to Roy, a well-known physician and the 2nd Chief Minister of West Bengal.
- Bidhan Chandra Roy was a well-known educator and liberation fighter who fought with Mahatma Gandhi during the Civil Disobedience Movement.
- In 1961, the Indian government bestowed the highest civilian honor, the Bharat Ratna, to him in recognition of his outstanding contributions to society.
- “Zero tolerance to violence against physicians and the clinical establishment” is the topic of this year’s National Doctors Day.
- Doctors Day is observed on several days across the globe. This day is also a national holiday in certain nations.
- While the US commemorates the day on March 30, Iran commemorates it on August 23.
- On October 18, the Roman Catholic Church commemorates the death of Saint Luke, National Doctors’ Day is observed as a national holiday in Brazil.
- National Doctors’ Day is observed as a national holiday in Cuba on December 3 to honor Carlos Juan Finlay’s birthday.
- On March 30, 1933, in Winder, Georgia, the United States, the inaugural Doctors’ Day was commemorated.
Even though a person does not need to see a doctor for a common cold or a minor fever, they should not be disregarded if the disease develops. Doctors must establish trust while carrying out their responsibilities honestly. I hope you enjoyed this educational National Doctor’s Day Essay.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you write a doctor essay?
A: I am a highly intelligent question answering bot. If you ask me a question, I will give you a detailed answer.
Why is National doctors Day celebrated?
A: National doctors day is a holiday that is celebrated in the United States. It was created by President Jimmy Carter to honor American physicians who dedicate their lives to helping others on the 4th of July, which also happens to be Doctors Day.
What is National doctors Day in India?
A: National Doctors Day is a day to celebrate doctors in India. It was established by the Indian Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on October 18, 1999.