The use of plastic has been a prominent issue in the news. There are many places that have banned single-use plastics, such as Los Angeles and San Francisco. However, this is not enough to make huge changes in our society.
The “short essay on plastic ban” is an essay that discusses the idea of a plastic ban for students and children.
Read a 1000+ word essay about plastic ban for students and children in this post. This contains a debate on ‘Plastic Bags – A Blessing or a Curse?’ as well as a The Origins of Plastic Bags.
Let’s get this Plastic Ban Essay started…
(1000+ Words) Essay on Plastic Ban
Plastic bags are a major cause of pollution in the environment. Plastic pollution has a big role in the degradation of our ecosystem.
To reduce plastic pollution, a plastic ban should be implemented. Plastic bags pollute the land, water, and air. Plastic waste decomposition is also a big concern, resulting in a rise of plastic pollution.
Because of the negative consequences, the use of plastic has been outlawed in a number of nations. Plastic items, on the other hand, have been employed in numerous regions of the globe, posing environmental risks.
Plastic bags are frequently used and readily accessible on the market. Plastic bags are often seen at grocery shops and are used to transport commodities such as rice, fruits, vegetables, wheat flour, and other foods. Plastic bags come in a variety of sizes and are far more cost-effective and convenient to use.
Bags, on the other hand, are harmful to the environment. Plastic objects and bags that we use on a daily basis are harmful to the environment. This is a far bigger issue than it looks. Plastic bags, according to scientists, are a significant source of water contamination.
Plastic trash is also to blame for rendering agricultural land unproductive, as well as a slew of other issues. To promote a better environment, several nations throughout the globe, including India, have outlawed the use of plastic bags.
The Origins of Plastic Bags
Alexander Parkes first introduced the world to plastic items in 1862 at London’s Great International Exhibition.
Parkes’ substance was a natural derivative of cellulose that was created when warmed and stayed in shape after chilling.
The term “Plastic” was coined by myself.
In the year 1909, the term “plastic” was developed. Leo H. Baekeland used the term “bakelite” to describe a sort of material he created from coal tar that was used to build a variety of items including phones, cameras, and ashtrays.
Plastics had an important role in the creation of all of these items. Plastics were well-known across the globe until after World War I, when oil became more readily available.
Plastic Bags: Are They a Blessing or a Curse?
‘We need to persuade people to support a plastic ban.’
Plastic bags are small and light, making them easy to transport.
This may seem to be a benefit to individuals, but there is another side to the usage of plastic bags. It is readily swept away by wind and water due to its small weight.
This is why it pollutes the environment by blowing away into seas and oceans. They also degrade the aesthetic value of landscapes. Plastic bags are made from a substance called polypropylene. It makes them far more long-lasting to use.
Polypropylene is made from natural gas and petroleum. In nature, natural gas and petroleum are non-biodegradable.
The manufacture of different plastic goods, including plastic bags, emits greenhouse gases such as methane, carbon dioxide, and carbon monoxide, which are substantial contributors to global warming.
People mistakenly assume that recycling is a viable alternative to the improper disposal of plastic garbage. Only 5% of all plastic garbage can be recycled, with the other 95% ending up in soil, water, and other ecosystems.
According to the most recent data, around 35–40% of all plastic garbage gets recycled, and the location of the other 60% is unknown. As a result, plastic manufacturers generate even more plastics, and the amount of recycled items changes somewhat.
Plastic bags are seen to be one of the most practical methods to transport large quantities of goods. However, since plastic is damaging to human health, a ban is the best option.
The plastic bag includes a number of chemical and synthetic chemicals that may interfere with the normal functioning of the human body’s hormones.
Most plastic items that end up in the seas and oceans, such as plastic bags, include contaminants such as PCBs (polychlorinated biphenyls) and PAHs (polycyclic fragrant hydrocarbons), which may disrupt hormone structure.
When marine creatures ingest these compounds, they ascend up the food chain until they reach a person who is eating fish.
How can we reduce our reliance on plastic?
Plastic bans have been increasingly popular in a number of nations. Plastic has also been banned by the Indian government in certain places. Plastic bags should be banned throughout the nation, and stringent steps should be adopted to make this happen.
- A restriction on the manufacture of plastic bags is also required.
- If a retailer sells plastic bags, they will be punished.
- Plastic bag users and carriers should be penalized.
- Plastic bags of excellent quality that are readily accessible in the market should be charged a certain price; this would considerably limit the usage of plastic bags.
- A viable alternative to plastic bags should be offered on the market.
- It must also be cost-effective.
A ban on plastic is a step in the right direction. Plastic bags have been outlawed in most of the world’s largest economies, including China, the United States, and several European nations.
Many nations have yet to deploy plastic bags, and they should do so as quickly as possible. Some of the difficulties occur as a result of the people’s reliance on it as a source of income.
On the other hand, a plastic bag ban is an absolute need since these bags are harming our environment. Innovators will ultimately come up with a solution to the global plastic ban. As a result, goods and businesses will emerge, and individuals will be able to find work.
When it comes to manufacturing expenses, plastic bags are less expensive and simpler to make than eco-friendly bags; nevertheless, the disadvantage is that plastic bags are more prone to wear and tear. People, in fact, toss them in the trash as soon as they get home with their purchases.
Cotton bags, for example, are significantly more durable and can be cleaned and reused several times. Environmentally friendly bags are less expensive in the long term since they do not need government action to remove them from the streets.
They degrade quickly and may be removed from the face of the earth. It’s not a good idea to spend money on something that will cost almost three times as much to get rid of.
Ten Points on the Plastic Ban
- Every year, the globe generates almost 6 billion metric tons of plastic garbage.
- Plastic is thrown on land and in the sea, resulting in significant pollution and environmental issues.
- Because plastic is a man-made substance, it cannot decompose in nature.
- Scientists are working on a natural method of degrading plastic using bacteria and enzymes.
- Each year, the typical individual consumes more than 100 kg of plastic.
- Currently, there is more than 12.7 million times the amount of plastic in our seas.
- Plastics disposed of in an irresponsible manner will disrupt natural ecosystems as well as our food chain.
- We cannot completely eliminate our reliance on plastic since we use it every day.
- Plastic is present in every aspect of our life, from our smartphones to computers to medical gadgets.
- Plastic bags should be outlawed since there are alternatives such as jute, gunny, and paper bags.
There are several issues that arise as a result of plastic garbage, and it is sometimes disregarded and undervalued.
This is because people do not consider the long-term impact of plastic on the environment. People consider the advantages they will get from it.
People do not contemplate a plastic bag ban and continue to use plastic bags because of the convenience they provide, ignoring the negative environmental repercussions.
I hope you like this plastic ban essay. This essay should be shared with your friends.
The “should plastic be banned essay 500 words” is a short essay on the topic of whether or not plastic should be banned for students and children. The author argues that it should.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should plastic be banned essay 1000 words?
A: This is a rather large question, so I will answer it in sections.
1) Plastic should not be banned unless something more efficient comes along to replace it.
2) There are many things that can cause harm from plastic pollution and the effects of this pollution cannot yet be determined on a global scale.
Should plastic be banned paragraph 100 words?
A: Plastic is a material that has been made by humans and used in various ways. It is usually synthetic or natural, meaning it can be created with either oil or gas derived from plants or minerals such as sandstone. As long as plastic is not burning in the atmosphere, there are no significant environmental concerns associated with its production; however, some critics suggest that over time plastics may break down into smaller pieces to enter our waterways and oceans which could harm marine life.
Should plastic be banned 10 lines?
A: Plastic can be recycled, so as long as it is used in a healthy way, then there should not be any issues with it. However, due to the increasing amount of waste that people are creating and making into plastic products such as bags or bottles, use less of these items if you want help reduce your carbon footprint.
- should plastic be banned essay 300 words
- should plastic be banned essay 150 words
- should plastic be banned essay 200 words
- plastic bags should not be banned essay
- plastic bags should be banned essay ielts