Indefinite tenses are words or constructions that do not specify a future time. They often occur in the past tense, but also exist for other tenses such as present and even future events.
The “past indefinite tense negative sentences examples” is a list of sentences with the past indefinite tense.
100 Past Indefinite Tense Examples
We’ve compiled a list of Past Indefinite Tense sentence examples that will aid students of all levels in comprehending the syntax of this tense. With these examples, practicing will be a lot simpler.
• She was the most significant person in my life.
• On this field, we played cricket.
• I consumed a mango.
• Jesus was the greatest human being of his era.
• She really appreciated the film.
• I really enjoyed that film.
• They had a great time in my house.
• She left for Delhi and never returned.
• I was the most inept student in the class.
• He had feelings for her but never voiced them.
• He was quite helpful in assisting me with my assignment.
• My father and I went to a book fair.
• My mother went to her place of business.
• I didn’t show up for class the other day.
• She composed a love poem for me.
• The whole school travelled to Agra for a picnic.
• She consumed ice cream.
• In the school, Mr. Varun made a change.
• She was the one who baked the cake for me.
• In the hostel, I prepared meals.
• I improved my English skills.
• She attended classes.
• She was the one who paid for the money.
• I was the one who rang the doorbell.
• He bolted.
• She told me to remain put.
• I noticed a bird.
• Varun showed me a lovely young lady.
• She slept the whole night through.
• I was able to perform lovely music.
• He made an effort to spend time with me.
• He was summoned by me.
• Mr. Das was our English teacher.
• It was just what I had in mind.
• The cricket match was won by Bangladesh.
• The lesson was confusing to me.
• He wrote me a letter.
• They were dressed in school uniforms.
• I went for a swim in the river.
• I told it like it was.
• She didn’t show up for class.
• The principle thought highly of me.
• She confessed her wrongdoing.
• He suggested that I study more.
• I expressed regret for my error.
• She gave me permission to enter her home.
• I pretended to be a clever person.
• She emerged out of nowhere.
• For the drama, I liked her new appearance.
• She put in an application for a job.
• There was a round of applause for me.
• He had a lot of disagreements.
• They planned a large event.
• He enquired about a few things.
Table of Contents
The “past continuous tense example” is a form of the past tense that indicates an action was in progress at some point during the past. The verb will be in the infinitive form and it will take a helping verb such as “was,” “were,” or “have been.”
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the example of past indefinite?
A: The example of past indefinite is the word was. I was here yesterday.
What are 5 examples of past?
A: Here are five examples of past.
2) Potato chips
3) Positioning System for your cars GPS system
4) Puffball 5, Planes
What are the examples of past tense?
A: The examples of past tense are the following:
- rules of past indefinite tense
- past indefinite tense affirmative sentences
- future indefinite tense examples
- past tense (hindi)
- past simple tense example